A story a day: Father and sons



(Well, my first entry)


Every morning, I have to take a 40 mins bus trip to school. Days after days, I have had great chances observing very beautiful moments which brought me a lot of special emotions.


And here's the 1st one.


I have a habit of choosing the 1st-row seat at level 2 of a bus, as it allows me to look around and enjoy the morning sunlight. Yesterday when I was in my familiar seat, a dark-skin guy moved up and sat beside me. His dirty and cheap t-shirt made me think that he would be a Malaysian worker, like those working in construction sites.


I had not put so much attention to him until when the bus left the stop, and he started waving his hand to someone on the street. I looked down and found 4 small boys there, also waving to say good bye to him. The bus passed through them and soon stopped at the cross because of the red light. The man stood up and walked (or ran?) to the end of the bus where he continued waving to those children until they were no longer within his sight.


He returned to the seat beside me and I saw a happy smile on his face. The smile was just as bright as the sunlight ray spreading on his face...


When I was a child, I (and the children at my age) tried to wake up early in the morning to say bye to our parents when they went out to work, even in the cold winter days. We waited until they were out of sight before going back into the house. In the afternoon, after one working day, when our parents started moving back home, that was when we gathered at the beginning of the road, waiting for them. It had always been a wonderful feeling seeing my mom or my dad from very far, and I started waving: "mom, dad, you're back".

For my 6 years staying here, this is the 1st time I witness such a nice scene. It happens rarely, or I have been closing my eyes for long?




The photo named "father and son" has been taken from www.pbase.com/mhlau/botanic_gardens_singapore





Nhận xét

Đăng nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Làm thế nào để trở thành thiên tài

Ôi sinh nhật

Canada trip live blog (April 04)